Languages and Education During Global Lockdown
Due to the travel restrictions caused by COVID-19 pandemic LASTE 2020 was held in the virtual mode.
The researchers from Morocco, UK, Pakistan, Bolivia, Iran, Algeria and many others shared their experiences, visions and perspectives upon the problems, concerning languages, discourse, translation and education revealed during the time of the global lockdown.
Among the cornerstone topics of LASTE 2020 Virtual were:
Teaching Languages Online:
- Transferring from Traditional to Online Language Education;
- Specifics of Designing Online Language Programs and Courses;
- Teaching Languages Online to Young Learners;
- Specifics of Online Teaching and Communication; etc.
Social, Political and Cultural Discourse during Lockdown:
- Discourse and Communications in Social Media;
- National and International Discourses;
- Impact of the Discourses on the Individual and Social Wellbeing;
- Analysis of the Political Discourse;
- Role and Specifics of Translation during Global Lockdown
Dispute all difficulties caused the pandemic restrictions, the conference was successfully organised, providing a platform for the international academicians to share their studies, experiences and ideas on languages and education in the conditions of the global lockdown.